Sunday, October 7, 2012

And I began to write a book called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - (Pg 149)


It shouldn't be that I have reached the age I have and not have read Boy by Roald Dahl. Dahl is by far one of my favourite authors. When I was a child his books were a pure joy, as they still are today.

I bought my son a set of Dahl books for his First Birthday. A little premature I grant you, but I wanted to get him a book he would keep forever and then I just couldn't possibly choose between all of Dahl's great stories.

So it came to be that this set of books has been looking at me every night at bedtime for my son and I decided to right a grievous wrong by borrowing Boy from this collection and finally reading it.

It is of little wonder that Dahl has been able to write just amazing fantastical stories, as his life has been filled with characters and situations as you might only find in a Dahl novel. Boy is a wonderful account of a handful of childhood incidents and memories and is just a lovely read.

Highly reccomended to anyone who was ever a child, and loved it!

85 Days Remaining, 4 Books To Go

No comments:

Post a Comment