Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 68 - And then there were... MORE??


I have just had a lovely Easter weekend with my boyfriend’s family in Canberra for Greek Easter. A very full on but wonderful experience in which I was introduced to Greek church services, traditions and his entire family. It also meant that I didn’t read a word. This has suddenly become a very large problem as my books are breeding like rabbits. On my return home you see, there was a rather large box on my doorstep.

Inside the box were 12... 12 new books, most of which were uncorrected proofs and media releases! There was no note included and I wondered if they were a prize from a book review I had written for the Book Depository... This turned out to be the case, see here and click on the link to my review for My Family and Other Animals.

I was quite upset by the comment the lady had made that I had incorrectly spelled the author’s name (which is odd as it is correct everywhere on my blog) and to add insult to injury, the comment was made on my birthday. I’m just a person, people manage to misspell my name all the time and I don’t hold it against them. I have now remedied the spelling issue and am trying to not take the comment personally.

So there are 12 more books to add to the list, the anti has been well and truly upped. I am also starting a bit of temp work tomorrow, which is wonderful news for the bank balance, but not so good for reading time.

The new books are;

Musgrove and the Easter Eggs – Ilona Rodgers
Timecatcher – Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick
RSVP – Tara Moore
Martha’s Journey – Maureen Lee
The Trout Opera – Matthew Condon
Jail Bait – June Hampson
Katy Carter Wants a Hero – Ruth Saberton
White Crow – Marcus Sedgwick
The Dead ~ Tossed Waves – Carrie Ryan
Savannah Grey – Cliff McNish
Old School Ties – Kate Harrison
Love Bites – Lynsay Sands

I am also officially adding to the list;

One Pair of Hands – Monica Dickens (Which I'll borrow off Mum)
One Pair of Feet – Monica Dickens (Which I purchased from the Rotary)

216 days remaining, 30 books to go
(averages to 1 book a week... yikes?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment